Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Research Paper Artists

The artist I chose who works in large format is Nicholas Nixon. He works mostly with people, including family, which I really enjoyed because I'm working with families in my senior project. Nixon's most famous works is titled Brown Sisters. Every year for 37 years he shot a photo of his four sisters. It's pretty amazing to look at the first photo and the last photo side by side to see how much they have grown and changed.





The second artist I found who works with a digital camera is Ugne Heniko. She did a similar project to Nixon's but instead of using sisters she used herself and her mother. By taking old photos of her mother she found and comparing them next to herself Heniko shows how similar looking her and her mother really are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment