Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Landscape Memory


I had a lot of trouble coming up with a landscape memory until I thought about my hometown. Welcome to Canajoharie NY everyone! What you'll see in this photo is our famous dummy light. It's one of two that still exist today in the United States. The dummy light is such a central part of my town. I learned how to drive on these streets. I also learned how to parallel park, which was not fun. Behind the dummy light you'll see Canjo's main street. This is where I spent a lot of time hanging out with friends on weekends. This photo alone makes me think of all those memories I shared with my friends. We'd get hot chocolate at the local cafe during the winter and ice cream in the summer. Even though Canjo is such a small town we always found something fun to do. It's amazing how one photo can bring up so many memories from my past.

1 comment:

  1. This light is an icon! This picture brings up some memories for me too, I can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete